Accountant / Financieel Medewerker< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is among the largest global oil and gas service providers, delivering innovative technologies and services for formation evaluation, well construction, completion, stimulation, and production. Our global network spans more than 100 countries and includes 680 service locations and 13 research, development, and training facilities.
Support the Management Accountant with all sub-ledger and general ledger activities, especially fixed assets, inventory and cash related and with monthly and yearly reporting.
Contributes to improvement of processes and procedures within the business unit, as well as maintaining procedures to comply with laws, regulations and Weatherford policies with respect to the financial administration.
- Maintain and reconcile GL accounts for all entities in the country, as allocated by the Management Accountant and the Area Financial Controller.
Inventory and Fixed Assets:
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of all inventory and fixed asset accounts. Liaising with other Operations and Procurement staffs to solve issues.
- Run monthly depreciation and inventory provisioning.
- Organise and manage all required stock- & asset counts for the country together with the Assets & Inventory coordinator.
- Handle all queries and provide all reports to the group relating to inventory and fixed assets.
- Responsible for monitoring and reconciling Weatherford Netherlands Approved Fixed Expenditures (AFE) spend versus forecast.
Cash & Equivalents:
- Supervise the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for cash applications done by Accenture
- Review and take corrective action for any transaction
- Update the cash flow mutation template for forecast purposes.
Month- & Year End Reporting:
- Assist with the provision of accurate and timely financial reports for Weatherford entities in the country, in compliance with US GAAP/Corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist with providing local and region management with meaningful financial reports. Ensure compliance with the Corporate and Region monthly reporting timetable, i.e. all deadlines should be met, and if problems are encountered these should be clearly communicated upwards.
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations. Submission of monthly information to head office(s) as allocated by line management.
- Submit journal entries and accruals monthly as needed.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of all accounts payable accounts
- Coding of invoices
Preparation of payments
- Assist in preparation of internal/external audits as allocated by the line management.
- Minimum MBO degree in Finance
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Previous experience of working for a multinational company
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and/or Hyperion
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND APTITUDE
- Must be independent and able to work in a team-based environment to meet monthly deadlines and goals
- Must take responsibility for effectiveness of own work
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving skills, and keen attention to detail
- Willing to work the hours necessary to enable the business to continually exceed expectations
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Tina Brüggink, Netherlands Financial Controller:
Mobile: +31 (0)6 53 58 93 34
Applications are accepted in both Dutch and English.