Service Technician (Drayton Valley, AB)< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- Assisting boom truck operator in pile driving jobs
- Spotting and aligning cement bases and oil pumping units
- Using heavy duty tools to complete physically demanding job duties
- Assisting in the assembly, performing inspections and repairs of pumpjacks
- Securing of loads on trailers
- Performing proper vehicle & equipment maintenance & inspections (vehicle, man basket, cranes, PPE’s etc.)
- Fueling of vehicles and equipment as required
- Conduct field work and cleaning as requested by management
- Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs
- Available to work overtime
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Oilfield background preferred, pumpjack experience an asset
- Strong mechanical skills using basic tools; i.e., impacts, shovels, hammer wrenches, sledge hammer, basic tools capabilities
- Must have the ability to climb up to 30 feet in height and function without fear of heights
- Willing to be trained and comprehend in recognizing and identify the components of oil well pumping units.
- Preferred knowledge of oil patch experience
- Ability to assemble, disassemble, and repair oil well pumping units and to make recommendations for replacement and repair parts (training available)
- Class 5 license with clean drivers abstract
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Successful completion of drug and alcohol test
- Excellent physical condition to perform rigorous tasks
- Safety minded individual
- Must be available to be on-call and work overtime
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.