Senior Pump Technician, Melita Manitoba< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
This position will be responsible for learning all components of the business which includes the repair and refurbishing / delivery of rod pumps, as well as learning “inside sales" and “warehouse" duties. This person will become familiar with the subsequent procedures and operations and will initially work under the supervision of an experienced employee. The specific requirements for successful competency at this job level will include a willingness to become oriented and becoming proficient in the repair of downhole pumps and delivering quality service to customers in the oilfield industry.
Prior Rod Pump experience required for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, disassembling, refurbishing and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications.
- Inside sales of oilfield parts and other related equipment.
- Customer service, answering inquiries, billing and invoicing duties.
- Providing field service on location to our customers
- Warehouse duties and deliveries.
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies.
- Orientation and learning how to safely operate various equipment associated with position.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as workload requires
- Previous oilfield experience or Rod Pump experience required (minimum 5 years)
- Valid class 5 operators license and clean drivers abstract
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Experience with Top Drives or Well Heads an asset
- Must be able to work overtime as work demands dictate
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Safety oriented
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer
- Outside sales experience would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Grade 12 or GED preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.