Open Hole Wireline Operator - Edmonton, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford Wireline Operators ensure that our customer's requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred Wireline service company in Canada.
This position is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. You will be responsible for:
- Participation in operation of Wireline field unit / crew;
- The operation of proprietary equipment to assist collecting, and analyzing geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools. The quality and accuracy of these logs are crucial as the oil company makes major production decisions from them;
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Helping in isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the additional assistance of our technical support groups;
- On the Job training for technical and non-technical skills
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting service equipment.
- May drive a truck to transport materials and well service equipment.
- Clean up rig area and ensure it is free from hazards.
- Clean, service and calibrate tools as required.
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours.
- Considerable physical labor including lifting, carrying, and compiling large strings of tools and equipment.
- Geographic mobility is required as this position requires extensive travel.
- Outdoor environment subject to extreme temperature and weather change.
- Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Valid Class 3 Licenses with clean abstract
- Mechanical interest and inclination
- Requires a clean driver's abstract
- You must be willing to relocate and/or travel
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen and medical exam.
- Previous Wireline experience will be an asset