HD Mechanic - Bonnyville, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
As a Certified Designated Journeyman HET with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the trade, the person in this position will be responsible for providing the mechanical knowledge capability and expertise for working in our fast paced mobile oilfield equipment repair/maintenance and fabrication shop. You will be required to do preventative maintenance and repairs on our own fleet of mobile oilfield trucks, trailers and specialized equipment. Our equipment utilizing a large amount of hydraulics and electrical operated components so expertise, additional training and experience in these areas are an asset. You will be required to work well in a team environment and mentor apprentices as well as work well independently to produce results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform CVIP inspection of cab and chassis of light duty and large duty mobile equipment. A CVIP license is an asset however we will require you are capable to obtain, once employed with us
- Perform all necessary preventative maintenance as required on fleet of mobile oilfield equipment
- Perform troubleshooting and failure analysis of equipment problems. Participate in investigations as required
- Provide strong mentorship and leadership to all staff including apprentices
- Comply with all administrative responsibilities such as filling in work orders, employee files, time sheets, inspection sheets etc.
- Required to be compliant with all Weatherford safety policies and local regulations
- Attend and participate as required in all safety meetings including tailgate meetings and monthly safety meetings
- Support and follow continual processes and quality improvement initiatives and ensure quality workmanship
- Continuously develop new skills and participate in ongoing training internally and externally in technical skills and leadership skills, etc.
- Required to stay current with changing regulatory requirement as it relates to your job
- Required to wear all required PPE as outlined by Weatherford and local regulating authorities
- Required to supply all required hand tools and toolbox (as typical with HET) with the exception of ¾” drive tools and larger
- Lead and participate in related safety or technical incidents
- Be a team player and promote a good enjoyable working environment
- Participate in the required training programs and provide feedback on quality, safety, security and environmental issues to management
- Be available to take on call responsibility for evenings or weekends.
- Have a clean drivers abstract and be available to operate service truck from time to time or when on call.
- Certified journeyman HET on road preferred, with demonstrated above average interpersonal skills, acting as a resource to all employees, being able to work in a team environment
- Strong hydraulic and electrical knowledge and skills
- Strong root cause and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully interact and communicate with personnel in all different sections within the organization
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receive both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail and ability to read blueprints/diagrams of components not yet built
- Capable of working shift work/overtime as required
- Valid class 5 license and abstract in good standing
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.