LAB TECHNICIAN - WIRELINE SERVICES< Back To Job Listing
Ensures that the locations under his / her supervision, keeps all equipment and assets in good working order, following the Preventive Maintenance Program. He / she ensures that enough resources and training are available to provide Service Delivery in the most efficient and safe manner meeting Business Unit Standards and Customer Requirements.
- To promote and control the Preventive Maintenance program of the Business Unit.
- Maintains full maintenance record of all the vehicles, their history and mileage done.
- Keeps close contact with the locations for knowledge dissemination and assistance if required.
- Prepares and reviews the inventory items required to carry out routine and emergency maintenance of the vehicles.
- To plan and submit to the Wireline manager requirements in personnel and equipment to maintain a sound organizational structure.
- Organizes and conducts technical training sessions for the field staff.
- Solves technical problems within the assigned location and carries out liaison between the field and global support / WISE if necessary.
- Attends to his personal development to keep him well informed with the new techniques and modifications when released.
- To maintain close association with the Wireline Manager and Field Engineers to ensure maintenance work is kept efficient.
- Plans equipment ordering and consolidation of shipments in order to reduce cost.
- Controls storage and inventories of the required spare parts.
- Brings on board standard maintenance procedures and assists with the implementation of these.
- Ensure accurate data capture in TOPS for equipment failure and repair requests. Will be involved in Root cause analyses and closures of ALL CMS failures / NCRs in the region
- Promotes the SQ as well as the HSE culture in the Business Unit as per the Corporate / Geo-Region / Business Unit policies.
- Attends and participates in Safety Meetings.
- Assists in recruiting new Field Technician.
- Involved in start up of new operations.
- Provides IT Support in remote locations.
- Minimum of two years technical training in an academic or vocational institution. Or Equivalent Work Experience
- Knowledge of the tools and systems the Business Unit provides.
- Knowledge of the Business Unit safety policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of the general application and operating concepts of the electronic tools, surface instrumentation and log measurement.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be capable of performing variety of repairs and modifications to all electronic parts of the tools.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting skills to identify faulty parts and components.
- Presents attitude and appearance such as to enhance the Business Unit's image.
- Provides assistance and guidance in the training of all levels of staff.
- Pursues opportunities to become more proficient in technical and managerial functions.
- Initiates and actively participates in problem solving procedures.
- Makes recommendations to improve Lab test procedures and to solve equipment failure problems.
- Ensures that Service Quality meets the Business Unit and Customer standards.
- Ensures services are delivered in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Completes own work in an accurate, timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of Business Unit's business, equipment, and training methods.
- Maintains customer and employee confidence in the quality of Business Unit equipment.
- Ensures that the tools and equipment supplied to the field staff meet the Business Unit's standards.
- Provides technical and other guidance; and further assistance to less experienced, and / or junior employees.
- Ensures the safe operation of all staff.
- The Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor or the Wireline manager
- The Technician will also have functional reporting to the Regional Service Delivery Manager
- This job description describes a general category of tasks. Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Business Unit.
- Materials concerning the development of this job description, based upon interview and observation, are available upon request.