Pressure Control Technician - Nisku, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford is currently seeking a Pressure Control Technician to support our Blow-Out Preventer and Wellhead Pressure Control operations based in Nisku, AB. This role is responsible for providing maintenance and servicing of rental pressure control equipment, both onsite in the field and in the shop.
- Conduct pressure testing in conjunction with Company written scheme of verification provided you are deemed capable of conduction testing. Ensure tests are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and all safety practices are adhered to.
- Prepare and install rental pressure control equipment at customers rig site in a professional manner compliant with customers’ requirements to ensure quality service and repeat business
- Ensure all service tickets are completed and signed by customer representative and to produce a service report on completion of job and participate in operational debriefing, to ensure all necessary charges are detailed. In addition any expenses incurred will be reimburse through company expenses claim form
- Perform shop-related duties necessary to support Pressure Control equipment and other business activities in the Drilling Tools segment.
- Assist Rental & Service Technicians as required.
- Learn and perform BOP and Wellhead equipment maintenance and repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license and clean driver's abstract
- Previous oil field and drilling rig experience
- 1-2 years of experience with B.O.P. and Pressure Control
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to identify dangerous conditions and act accordingly
- Able to understand and interpret instructions both verbal & written
- Mechanically inclined
- Self-starter working with limited supervision
- Safety orientated
- Able to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and develop new skills
- Basic math skills
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.