Service Technician - Hydraulic Lift< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
As a Field Technician for Hydraulic Lift, the successful candidate for this position is responsible for the servicing, assembly, and installation of Hydraulic lift Systems both in a shop environment and on customer lease sites. A Field Technician will be able to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision, both in the shop and also traveling to and from external customer locations. The person in this position will start with shop and field duties, and will be expected to progress to being able to understand and interpret well design software. The goal is to be able to train the successful candidate on all elements of field service, including servicing, design and setup, inventory control and being able to provide customer service and technical support. This person will also have the ability to work under various time crunches that arise while utilizing demonstrated problem solving initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Assembly, installation and repair of downhole and surface equipment both in a shop and outdoor environment. Some work is outdoors and can be physically demanding and in all types of weather conditions.
- Required travel to well site locations across Northwest Alberta and assist in servicing/ troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line.
- Abel to work independently with no or minimal supervision and able to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- Willing to work on applicable oilfield equipment roughout Western Canada.
- Safely operate Weatherford company vehicles in compliance with company policy, external customer requirements and Government regulations
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate required equipment associated with position
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Be prepared to work extended hours, as workload requires.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of field experience on producing well-sites and/or plants in Western Canada.
- Able to travel to various locations across NW Alberta (Grand Prairie, Edmonton and Red Deer), with capability of working extended hours
- Previous oil or gas experience, with specific expertise in Triplex pumps, downhole pumps, downhole pistons and slick-line
- Able to obtain all required safety tickets for field work. (H2S, PST, First Aid, etc)
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrated computer skills, with the ability to follow set work instructions both online and in print form
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver, paying attention to detail
- Safety minded individual, willing and committed to ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Quality first attitude with strong mechanical abilities
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP program, a full comprehensive extended benefits program including a health spending account, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.