Seasonal Wireline Operator, Red Deer, Alberta< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford Canada is currently hiring Temporary Open Hole Wireline Operators for our services based in Red Deer, Alberta,
This opportunity is a fixed contract or employment term, for an expected period of mid November 2017 to end of March 2018, but may be terminated early at discretion of either party.
Our Wireline Operators are responsible for maintaining and operating various components of the Wireline Services equipment. Working under the direct supervision of the Field Supervisor, Operators will assist in safely carrying out rig-in/rig-out procedures, accurate data collection, reporting and performing general duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving Wireline unit to and from various job locations.
- Servicing of various down-hole tools and auxiliary equipment.
- Cleaning and maintenance of Wireline units, shop vehicles and shop.
- Rig up and rig out of all related Wireline Cased Hole or Open Hole equipment.
- This position is shift work with 24 hours on call and scheduled days off. Individual must be willing and able to travel with Wireline crew and must work well individually and in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Class 3 operators license with clean abstract; class 5 with industry experience will be considered
- Must be physically fit
- Mechanically inclined
- Any valid industry standard tickets are a definite asset
- Successful completion of drug and physical testing
- Must be available to work on call 24 hours a day while on shift
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Positive attitude and the ability to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Safety minded individual, full participation and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Reliable transportation