General Field Engineer- Cased Hole Wireline< Back To Job Listing
Under the direction of the Field Operation Manager performs advanced Wireline services. Duties and responsibilities include the proper maintenance of tools and equipment, crew supervision, ensuring compliance to policies, managing information and customer data, and customer relations.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on tasks covering majority of the services in Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, they should be contributing towards improvements in service quality which includes failure analysis, processes and procedures, and customer service. They also act as mentors and coaches for other employees into field operation job family with lower seniority.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
Demonstrate and improve knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all relevant Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
Performs complex job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data.
Promptly report issues, lessons learned and best practices using the appropriate online system.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to perform advanced wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some or all technology groups into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains.
Supervise all tasks associated with a complex Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, winch operation, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, fishing, data acquisition and tool response.
Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration, tension and depth system calibration.
Maintain equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
Prepare and organize advanced logs and data for distribution, processing and archiving.
Maintain customer relations and communications.
Know and fully understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand fundamental math and physics
- Understand principles of electricity
- Good computer skills
- Good leadership skills
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- Engineering or Geology degree
- Weatherford Safety training
- Weatherford certificates of completion for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control
- At least 4 Years previous Wireline experience
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Willingness to relocate
- Experience or knowledge of operating in the Oil & Gas industry